New champions in 1650

I might be interested in pushing a 1650 12vs12 with randomized artifact numbers once my plate has emptied a bit. :slight_smile:

Yeah that’s sort of what I mean… I might be interested at some point, is basically a game not going to happen. For variants I generally need half the game full of keen, yes definitely up for it, here’s my set-up choices now…

I do get where players come from, but for variants I need to have commitment really to make it happen.

Note the “pushing”. Means I will do the effort of gathering players to the best of my ability. :slight_smile:

• Mikko

I’m not in favor of allowing the replacement of Champions in any scenario. Let’s say it’s my goal to kill your champion. I invest a lot of resources in it. I take care to protect my own champion so that she won’t be killed. I think I want to reap the benefit of pulling off a really good kill by NOT allowing you to regenerate another one.

Here’s something I would support: I kill your champion, and you somehow get another one. Then I am allowed to automatically promote one of my other characters to a champion for every “new” one my enemy names. Zero net gain for my opponent, I say.

? Why? You might as well say you don’t want players to be able to name new characters at all, as this means your assasins are wasted since their targets will be replaced.

This makes no sense to me.

Jeremy

I’m confused by your confusion. Why go for a pawn when you might be able to take the opposition’s queen. This isn’t obvious?

I’m not questioning your desire to take out a champion, but what makes no sense to me is your statement that letting the enemy have replacement champions defeats the purpose of taking out a champion. To me, that sounds like saying that letting the enemy replace assassinated characters defeats the purpose of assassinating a character. So by extension, your proposition would be that players should not be able to name a new character when the lose one to agents.

Jeremy

No, assassins can develop skills to get back up to the rank of the one you lost. No amount of training or development can make a 3-orders champion. That’s why I don’t want you to be able to replace one if I kill yours. But I would accept that I automatically get to name a champion (for free) if you’re allowed to name one (at a high cost).

Maybe the issue here is the cost of a new champion. If it it cost 15k to name a 30 rank champion that would still mean the death of the original champion would be a big loss. What are you thinking might happen if a champion is kidnapped?

I’m thinking that if they player can’t manage to rescue or free his champion, he’s permanently lost a very valuable piece without hope for regeneration of a new one.

Then all champions with out agent skill are a big disadvantage to agent champions.

Because they can’t escape captivity? There are other ways of freeing that hostage… If you have a champion of mine hostage, and plan on keeping him, I suggest you watch your back :slight_smile:

Just because it can be done doesn’t mean its not harder.

I agree with you: Champions who lack agent skill are at a disadvantage when it comes to escaping captivity.

Bribe recruit another champion
I had two in game 83, cost me 25K but it sure was swell