Bug fix 905

Bug fix: ix: 905 behaviour change. this removes the possibility of moving to a target’s origin and following from near there, but continues to allow you to follow them if you were near their origin hex at turn start. Player’s were able to move 26 hexes or more using this bug and find characters within a massive radius.

With thanks…

Clint

1 Like

And how is the resulting text that explains the order? I mean, can you still move to a hex near where you think the army will end and your agent will follow him to the correct hex? Or not if there are more than 12 hexes?

Apu

1 Like

Say what? Are you saying that an agent can no longer move to where an army starts out, and follow it - at all? Or just that you put in code to prevent following it in such a way that you move more than 12 hexes?

• Jeremy

Hi Clint,
No clear on the fix. From your note seems to me an agent can no longer follow an army if he is at more than 2 hexes of the army at the begin of the turn? I think that would change a lot the agents game, and can specially damage the options of the dark side.

What would happen on this two examples?
-An agent moves (810) to the army origin hex plus 2 more hexes and does the followup (905) and the total movement of the agent from his orginin hex to the army final hex is less than 12 hexes. Will the agent follow the army if he succeeds in the order?
-An agent moves (810) to the suposed army destination hex plus 2 more hexes and does the followup (905) and the total movement of the agent from his orginin hex to the army final hex is less than 12 hexes. Will the agent follow the army if he succeeds in the order?

Thanks,
Ruben

I’ve answered this already so if you want clarity get back in an email rather than us go around in circles. It’s now the way it’s supposed to be.

Clint

I’m pretty sure the fix has stopped an agent being able to move more than 12 hexes, with all other elements of this order being unchanged. So if the army being scouted moves to a hex that is 13 (or more) from the agent’s starting hex, the agent won’t be able to follow.

I tried this after being away from the game a log time about a month ago and my character only went 12 hexes and not 14, which is where the army was at the beginning of the turn and at the end of the turn. So I think max is 12 hexes, which makes sense to me.

In a recent KS game I have agents moving 16 and more hexes when following armies.

The fact that move is before scochars which causes the extra movement.