FA weakness SNA question

Hi all,

In a FA game, does the “Can learn weakness” SNA not apply to the other spells in that grouping?
I tried to learn Sickness (with an M who had weakness) and got a “it’s a lost list” error.

Thanks,

Ian

Hi Ian,

nope, there is no way to learn sickness or curses via that SNA. It functions exactly as the name would suggest, else it should be named “Can learn spirit mastery”. Be informed that there are also no artefacts that allow learning of spirit mastery. The only way you can have access to sickness is to name a mage and be lucky he gets it as a lost list spell.

Bernd

1 Like

Thank you!

Yeah. This is very confusing for first time FA players. It’s a huge change to the game, but not explicitly called out in the rules to my knowledge (could be wrong here though).

Tactically speaking, I’ve seen a lot of players try weakness squads, but they usually fall short vs a strong agent game after just one or two kills. In one game I even saw an entire weakness squad nuked in a single turn by assassins. Ouch!!!

Gunboat games might give better chances of success with weakness in FA.

Weakness in FA does take a lot of resources. I once used it effectively as the North Kingdom. It helped that the North Kingdom starts with more characters so I could get my weakness squad into action quickly.

I could see a South Kingdom and North Kingdom combo kill off a nation early on with weakness. Definitely more powerful in GB when knowledge is important and these mages can also scry etc. I have a feeling it was explicitly stated when 4th age started although not mentioned in the rules.