Game 916

Greetings from the Long Rider of the Dark Servants! I look forward to communicating with all Neutrals in this game. This will be the first 1650 game with the new Neutrals rules that Clint has developed. I am quite interested to see how this all turns out.

I can be reached at raven@rinzai.com.

Neutral Variant Game

In this game we’’re playtesting the following

a) Neutral change Allegiance time limit

b) Neutral gaining a bonus for Changing Allegiance.

c) Non-Neutrals EnemyÂ’s gaining a bonus.

Rules for Neutrals

Turn Limit for changing Allegiance.

You have 12 turns for issuing a successful Change Allegiance order (175). If you do not successfully change Allegiance in that time you are now considered a Neutral Team Allegiance and can no longer win the game (only Aligned nations can win in 1650).

Neutral can attempt to Change Allegiance (175 order) on the following turn, not beforehand.

Rhudaur turn 3, Harad turn 4, Dunlendings turn 5, Easterlings turn 6, Corsairs turn 7

Changing Allegiance – bonuses gained
If you are First to successfully Change Allegiance joining an alliance you gain the following.

a) Gain 20k gold.

b) Character becomes a Champion. (I think this is your highest combined rank character, but we are testing it in this game.)

c) Town upgrades to a MT.

If you are Second to Change Allegiance you gain.

a) Gain 20k gold.

b) Character becomes a Champion.

If you are Third to Change Allegiance you gain.

a) Gain 20k gold.

If you are Fourth or Fifth you gain nothingÂ…

If you join the same turn another player joins you all gain the highest-level Bonus allowed. All bonuses are gained at the end of the turn.

However, whenever a Neutral changes allegiance each of the Opposing nations , (including Neutrals that have already changed allegiance on a previous turn), gain the following Encounter at their capital hex that they can trigger with any character.

If 1 Neutral nation (21-25) is of the opposing alignment. Encounter (1) A conspiracy unmasked.

a) 10,000 gold

b) 285 CharacterID becomes a Champion and if Com = 0 Com := 40, else if Em = 0 Em := 40.

(Eg Khathog at IK capital (3122) 285 hoarm. Hoarmuroth becomes a Champion, and has he had no Em rank he gains 40 Emissary rank, he has got 30 Command rank so no change there.).

If 2 Neutral nation (21-25) is of the opposing alignment. Encounter (2): The Choices of Master Samwise. Reward as Enc (1) plus

a) PCs loyalties increase by 25 (max 100) for all their PCs.

If 3 Neutral nation (21-25) is of the opposing alignment. Encounter (3): Journey to the Crossroads. Reward as Enc (2) plus

a) All PCs gain one level of Fortifications.

If 4 Neutral nation (21-25) is of the opposing alignment. Encounter (4): A Journey in the dark. Reward as Enc (3) plus

a) All items gain 2 levels.

b) PC increase 1 level.

c) Gain two Double agents of the opposing side. (Can include non-agent/ems).

If 5 Neutral nation (21-25) is of the opposing alignment. Encounter (5): Many Partings .
Reward as Enc (4) plus

a) All troops become 100/100/60/60 Morale/Training/Weapons/Armour and add 50% to their number.

b) All Characters gain 20 to Com/Ag/Em/Ma/Stealth and become Champions.

Note it not is possible to have more than one encounter at a hex, so if multiple Neutrals change allegiance against your side and are activated 1-5 in order and will turn up in order.

Get back to me with any questions, I may have to tweak this format during the game, but that’s the plan as it stands.

Clint

Greetings from Mahrcared of the Eothraim a Free People

I look forward to communicating with all Neutrals in this game

I can be reached at garethjgillingham@yahoo.co.uk

Good luck to you, @garethgillingham and your team. We may be Servants of the Dark, but we have basic etiquette.

1 Like

The men of Haradwaith have arrived. If you wish to speak with us send your discourse to Suraklin98@yahoo.com.

2 Likes

Greetings from Southern Gondor

I look forward to engaging with the neutral nations of Middle Earth and hopefully join in pushing back the darkness.

I wish the Dark Servants the best of luck in this upcoming game.

Greetings from the Easterlings!
Being a neutral should be interesting this game!

stevep7806@sbcglobal.net

Steve

1 Like

A question about the neutrals, can they attack or be attacked before the turn that they can change allegiance?

Greetings from the Duns! I am looking forward to an interesting game with the new rules

Dan the Dun

1 Like

The conversation and much documentation passed around prior to this game attempted to clarify that a neutral could not attack until they had Declared. But I do not see that in the text that we were sent with this game’s set up. It’s worth clarifying.

Dragon Lord Brad

And a massive wave of bankrupts followed…
Seriously, the increase in upkeep costs can easily be gamebreaking.

• Mikko

Hello from the CL/QA!

Looking forward to this one. Feel free to reach out to me at

mepbem@verizon.net

Joe

If it is a concern you don’t need to react to the encounter…

1 Like

Avast ye!
Corsairs of Umbar here!
I look forward to parley under favourable terms.
Contact me via: brynlloydhome at outlook dot com
Dead men tell no lies.
Bryn