Hostages and stuff

Thanks for tracking that one down. And thanks for your explanation, I had to take a laughing break for a bit, I started hacking and someone came around to smack me on the back to keep me alive. They asked “What up you?” and I showed them your email. We both went down again.

Words in the world are quite clearly defined - you should google IT Change Management… I work in a unionized environment and would have gotten fired for something like this, and I don’t have “paying customers”.

I can’t “change” the font in the footer of an automated report that nobody reads without going through development, testing, UAT, and a CAB meeting approval process. If you walk within 10 feet of a server that is running a production application, you are in danger of “changing” something, don’t even imagine touching code. “Not a change”. Oh my, that’s as realistic as the game we’re playing with magic swords and dragons.

Enjoy Vegas~!

Brad

···

On Wed, Jun 5, 2019 at 11:59 AM ME Games Ltd me@MiddleEarthGames.com [mepbmlist] mepbmlist@yahoogroups.com wrote:

Hi guys

Whilst updating (not changing!, we’re modernising the code so that we
can look after it more simply in the future), a bug occurred whereby
99% of hostages were escaping when they shouldn’t have been. Do be
sure I held back game 44 yesterday, I was hoping to have got it all
out by the end of play, but it was not to be.

Game 44 will now run today and apologies for the delay. Long term
I’m getting the game so that it automatically runs, and also is able
to deal with our new module Champions of Middle-earth.

Also we’ve got Vegas FTF which is taking up a lot of time, plus a new
computer to run the code that has been set up over the last week. So
things are moving in the background that you might not be aware of… :slight_smile:

Clint

Middle Earth Games

Website: <http://www.middleearthgames.com>www.middleearthgames.com

Email: mailto:me@middleearthgames.comme@middleearthgames.com

Telephone: Phone Times: 10am-6:30pm UK Time (BST); 5am-1.30 (EST)
UK: 029 2091 3359 (029 2062 5665 can be used if main engaged)
(Dial 011 44 29 2091 3359 if in the US)

I see your point Brad but I don’t think that’s what Clint meant by not changing. I think he meant not changing the effects of orders, e.g. not making agent orders more difficult.

David

···

From: mepbmlist@yahoogroups.com mepbmlist@yahoogroups.com
Sent: 05 June 2019 17:17
To: mepbmlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [mepbmlist] Hostages and stuff

Thanks for tracking that one down. And thanks for your explanation, I had to take a laughing break for a bit, I started hacking and someone came around to smack me on the back to keep me alive. They asked “What up you?” and I showed them your email. We both went down again.

Words in the world are quite clearly defined - you should google IT Change Management… I work in a unionized environment and would have gotten fired for something like this, and I don’t have “paying customers”.

I can’t “change” the font in the footer of an automated report that nobody reads without going through development, testing, UAT, and a CAB meeting approval process. If you walk within 10 feet of a server that is running a production application, you are in danger of “changing” something, don’t even imagine touching code. “Not a change”. Oh my, that’s as realistic as the game we’re playing with magic swords and dragons.

Enjoy Vegas~!

Brad

On Wed, Jun 5, 2019 at 11:59 AM ME Games Ltd me@MiddleEarthGames.com [mepbmlist] mepbmlist@yahoogroups.com wrote:

Hi guys

Whilst updating (not changing!, we’re modernising the code so that we
99% of hostages were escaping when they shouldn’t have been. Do be

I’m getting the game so that it automatically runs, and also is able

Also we’ve got Vegas FTF which is taking up a lot of time, plus a new
things are moving in the background that you might not be aware of… :slight_smile:

Clint

Middle Earth Games

Email: mailto:me@middleearthgames.comme@middleearthgames.com

Thanks for tracking that one down.  And thanks for your explanation, I had to take a laughing break for a bit, I started hacking and someone came around to smack me on the back to keep me alive. They asked "What up you?" and I showed them your email. We both went down again.

Words in the world are quite clearly defined - you should google IT Change Management... I work in a unionized environment and would have gotten fired for something like this, and I don't have "paying customers".

I can't "change" the font in the footer of an automated report that nobody reads without going through development, testing, UAT, and a CAB meeting approval process. If you walk within 10 feet of a server that is running a production application, you are in danger of "changing" something, don't even imagine touching code. "Not a change". Oh my, that's as realistic as the game we're playing with magic swords and dragons.

I've run companies with more diligent coding teams let's say, you pay for what you get! If you guys would be kind enough to play around 5x as many games I can upgrade our services appropriately.

Clint

Enjoy Vegas~!

Brad

Â

Hi guys

Whilst updating (not changing!, we're modernising the code so that we
99% of hostages were escaping when they shouldn't have been. Do be

I'm getting the game so that it automatically runs, and also is able

Also we've got Vegas FTF which is taking up a lot of time, plus a new
things are moving in the background that you might not be aware of... :slight_smile:

Clint

Middle Earth Games

Website: <<http://www.middleearthgames.com>http://www.middleearthgames.com>www.middleearthgames.com

Email: <mailto:me@middleearthgames.com><mailto:me@middleearthgames.com>me@middleearthgames.com

----------
This email has been checked for viruses by AVG antivirus software.
<https://www.avg.com/internet-security>www.avg.com

Middle Earth Games

Email: <mailto:me@middleearthgames.com>me@middleearthgames.com

···

At 17:16 05/06/2019, Brad Brunet brad.brunet@gmail.com [mepbmlist] wrote:

On Wed, Jun 5, 2019 at 11:59 AM ME Games Ltd >me@MiddleEarthGames.com [mepbmlist] ><<mailto:mepbmlist@yahoogroups.com>mepbmlist@yahoogroups.com> wrote: