JO 1.16.13 is live... updates and windows installer live.

JO 1.16.13 is live… updates and windows installer live.

• Fix: Orderchecker incorrectly reporting duplicate skill order.
  • Fix: silent exception stopping New Game dialog closing.
  • Enh: Gather Support Data Command added to aid debugging in the field.
  • Enh: Colours for CME updates for accessibility.
  • QA: updates and Windows installer now built in ‘the cloud’ by Appveyor for consistency.

For those still stuck, you can use an old version of JO but be aware that as time goes on they will become less compatible. I recommend feeding back any issues so that we can fix them.

https://github.com/JOverseer/joverseer/wiki/Troubleshooting-JOverseer#i-want-to-revert-to-an-older-version

(There’s a potential gremlin with slower computers related to internal updates between windows silently crashing)

As a Mac user of JOverseer, I’m still happy with version 1.16.6, but after updating to the latest OS (“Mojave”) I see the font for hex numbers in JOverseer has become darker and blurry (like a fuzzy boldface).

Apparently, Mojave doesn’t play well with non-retina displays. For anyone else in the same boat, I used the Terminal command listed here:
https://www.thegeeksclub.com/how-to-fix-blurry-fonts-in-mojave-macos-after-update/

and now JOverseer is easy to read again. Other text - including this forum - is clearer, too. Hope that helps.

• Dan

I haven’t checked to see if this has been fixed yet, but in Fourth Age games, it will not create a combat with neutral armies or neutral pop centers. You even get a warning about it. Or maybe there is some setting for this which I have never set properly.

JO release
VERSION 1.16.14

• Fix: Properly reset the game when a different game is loaded. This fixes a lot of odd behaviour seen recently.
  • Fixed two skill issues,
  • Fix: The Error Dialog was crashing in some error cases, obscuring the actual error.
  • QA: JOverseer is more robust when part of it crashes.
  • QA: The windows version is now continuously built and tested by Appveyor.com. The linux and mac versions are built and tested by TravisCI.org.

Pending: Clear Map Icon

For those still stuck, you can use an old version of JO but be aware that as time goes on they will become less compatible. I recommend feeding back any issues so that we can fix them.

https://github.com/JOverseer/joverseer/wiki/Troubleshooting-JOverseer#i-want-to-revert-to-an-older-version

Hi,

I’ve been trying to update from 1.16.10 to 1.16.14 and i get the error: String index out of range -5

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

JO VERSION 1.16.15

• Fix: OrderEditorListView not updating correctly when game changes and no order was selected.
  • Fix: remove road at 3107 for CME
  • Enh: Put the Clear Map Items button back controlled by preference.
  • more colour tweaks for CME.

Enjoy, see Brad we do do some of the stuff you ask for! :slight_smile:

Hi Clint,

I’m still unable to update from the JOverseer itself. Do I need to download it and re-install?

Cheers.

Um, you should be able to run the updater from within JO - can you find the button? Help > check for Updates.

Failing that you can run it from the command window, updater.exe I think it’s called (or update.exe).

Failing that, download and reinstall.

Clint

Hi Clint,

Using the .exe from the command window worked! Thanks. :slight_smile:

I’ve tried the updater from JO before (and after) the update, same error message popped.

Cheers.