JO update version 1.16.5

Reminder that if you’ve not set JO to auto-update you need to download from our website the latest version of JO please.

We’re updating JO regularly so you’ll need to make sure that you have the correct version of JO, and if you’ve disabled the auto-update function (it’s a pop-up window that appears when you start the program) then you’ll need to go to our website and download it by hand and run the installer.

Thanks
Clint

Oh yeah and within JO: Help>Check For Updates

I’ve been using Joverseer for 2 years and everything has been perfect. Two days ago I updated my computer and installed the last version of ubuntu (Linux). Since then it has been impossible to run Joverseer. I’ve tried to reinstall linux in 32 and 64 bits, different versions of java (8 and 10) and joverseer (1.16.4 and 1.16.5) but always got the same problem: The first image of joverseer on a brown background with the word “loading…” appear for 1 second and then it crashes. At the console/terminal I get an error message: " Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.jidesoft.status.MemoryStatusBarItem" and some other technical information.

Does someone else using Linux have the same problem?

Right now I’ve ended the game I was playing but for the next one it would be great have Joverseer running again, I can’t imagine playing without!

Best to email me directly with any issues, I’ll look into it.

Clint

From Dave, the coder… unzipping the full download .zip and then unzipping the latest update.zip over it should work. We’re working on a more complete fix but for now this should work. (Not many Linux users!)

Ok to use the 1.16.4 version on Mac?

That seems to be the latest version on the website. When I tell JOverseer to check for updates, it says there is one, but it isn’t able to retrieve it.