ME Gold Thefts

Hi

I’ve just received a ME turn in which my agents stole gold and my nation had gold stolen from it. As usual, despite thefts going both ways, my nation was left with no gold. I’ve played this game for a very long time and I’m pretty sure that, every time there has been a turn with thefts both ways, my nation has not been left with any of the gold.

Does anyone know if I am just being constantly unlucky or, in these circumstances, does the gold just disappear?

David

David,

I think the answer is easy…

You are issuing X amount of Stealing gold orders and your enemiens Y.

Probably Y > X. so it’s seems logical that you end up with no gold at the end of the steal gold orders.

The only way for that not happienning is that one of your orders being the last one proceesed. The bigger the difference between X and Y the less probable that would be the case.

Hope that helps :slight_smile:

Cheers,

Jordi.

That’s the the “realism” of your 690 sending gold to your treasury from a far flung enemy pop instantaneously, it is therefore available to be stolen. One must assume that the “nation order” is at play here. It is rumoured that at some point, the program determines which nation goes first for either Each Order or, in my opinion, once at the start of the turn processing. Imagine emissaries from 3 different nations issuing 525 on an enemy pop. Who takes it from Good to Fair? Who ends up owning it? I’ve noticed over time that when my Sinda ally ends up owning the pop, he’s also left holding the bag when the 2 of us are stealing gold from another pop - I get the gold and he get’s nothing. This tells me that my Nation is ahead of him in line for order processing.

If that be the case, you were ahead of the nations who stole from you - such that the proceeds of your actions were available for them to steal.

On one hand, you said this is a new phenomenon, which the above would explain as an unlucky turn, on the other hand, you complain about being “constantly unlucky”. Which is it?

Brad

···

On Wed, Jun 19, 2019 at 7:01 AM jchalmeta@gmail.com [mepbmlist] mepbmlist@yahoogroups.com wrote:

David,

I think the answer is easy…

You are issuing X amount of Stealing gold orders and your enemiens Y.

Probably Y > X. so it’s seems logical that you end up with no gold at the end of the steal gold orders.

The only way for that not happienning is that one of your orders being the last one proceesed. The bigger the difference between X and Y the less probable that would be the case.

Cheers,

Jordi.

I think David is concerned that we've changed the code without commenting or that he's found a bug. We've not touched the orders nor changed anything. I'm not aware of it being a bug, it's the first I've heard of it.

Sometimes you're last in the train of steal golds, sometimes first. I, as a player, sometimes have been on both ends of it, got a last steal in (stolen from 4x) then was able to get a Name Char order off!

615/620s can work similarly you get a roll-off for who's first. Ditto 8xx orders, I don't know which but whenever you have an opportunity to go first/second.... /last there's a roll for it.

Sometimes there are instances where the rolls are high (variance) and sometimes low (... variance).

Clint

That's the the "realism" of your 690 sending gold to your treasury from a far flung enemy pop *instantaneously*, it is therefore available to be stolen. One must assume that the "nation order" is at play here. It is rumoured that at some point, the program determines which nation goes first for either Each Order or, in my opinion, once at the start of the turn processing. Imagine emissaries from 3 different nations issuing 525 on an enemy pop. Who takes it from Good to Fair? Who ends up owning it? I've noticed over time that when my Sinda ally ends up owning the pop, he's also left holding the bag when the 2 of us are stealing gold from another pop - I get the gold and he get's nothing. This tells me that my Nation is ahead of him in line for order processing.

If that be the case, you were ahead of the nations who stole from you - such that the proceeds of your actions were available for them to steal.

On one hand, you said this is a new phenomenon, which the above would explain as an unlucky turn, on the other hand, you complain about being "constantly unlucky". Â Which is it?

Brad

Â

David,Â

I think the answer is easy...

You are issuing X amount of Stealing gold orders and your enemiens Y.Â

Probably Y > X. so it's seems logical that you end up with no gold at the end of the steal gold orders.

Cheers,
Jordi.

----------
This email has been checked for viruses by AVG antivirus software.
<https://www.avg.com/internet-security>www.avg.com

Middle Earth Games

Website: <http://www.middleearthgames.com>www.middleearthgames.com

Email: <mailto:me@middleearthgames.com>me@middleearthgames.com

Telephone: Phone Times: 10am-6:30pm UK Time (BST); 5am-1.30 (EST)
UK: 029 2091 3359 (029 2062 5665 can be used if main engaged)
(Dial 011 44 29 2091 3359 if in the US)

···

At 12:14 19/06/2019, you wrote:

On Wed, Jun 19, 2019 at 7:01 AM ><mailto:jchalmeta@gmail.com>jchalmeta@gmail..com >[mepbmlist] ><<mailto:mepbmlist@yahoogroups.com>mepbmlist@yahoogroups.com> wrote: