MEPBM Wiki

The new MEPBM Wiki has launched and is available for use by the player community.

https://wiki.mepbm.com

I’ve been working on it for the past ten weeks and it’s in a good state to share at this point. No wiki is ever complete, and I have a long list of additional content and changes that I would like to make in the future. Expect further improvements. I hope you find the site useful, and you may even consider contributing content to make it even better.

MEPBM Wiki includes everything from dragons to riddles to artifacts to encounters to module information to game rules to strategy articles and even old MEPBM fan fiction and poetry! One of the goals here was for the site to be the “new Bobbins” as an editable player resource that will be supported long into the future. All of the Bobbins content plus a lot more is included on this site.

The site also has a search engine, so just type in an artifact or dragon’s name or a hex number or some topic you’re interested in and you’ll get a list of related pages. And, if you’ve written articles in the past for one of the MEPBM newsletters, type in your own name and see what comes up. NOTE: There is a bug in the current beta of the wiki software I am using where long lists of search results aren’t scrollable, so you may not be able to see everything you’ve searched for.

One of the exciting aspects for me was borrowing Michael Blomquist’s large collection of old Whispers of the Wood newsletters to scan, index, and place them on the Wiki. Thank you, Michael! It was entertaining to go back and get some of the player postings and old strategy articles shared in Whispers of the Wood. We are still needing a number of old back issues that Michael did not have access to. If you have any of the missing issues listed on the site, I would be interested in borrowing them to have them scanned and added. I will pay your shipping costs.

MEPBM Wiki Updates, 18 November 2019

• Upgraded to Wiki.js 2.0.1.
  • Now running Wiki.js as a background service for automatic recovery after server reboot.
  • Added a link to this Forum topic from the MEPBM Wiki navigation.
  • With the release of Wiki.js v2, I am going to enable user editing of pages in the near future after further testing. Stay tuned.

Bravo and many thanks–your work and the wiki is much appreciated.

MEPBM Wiki Updates, 25 November 2019

• Upgraded to Wiki.js 2.0.12.
  • This release fixes the permissions issues for the testing currently being done for enabling user editing of pages.

I like the wiki, but in most wikis people can comment and add information. this is the benefit of the wiki platform. Will you be allowing this? I know it would be nice to add more information about encounters, the information is quite incomplete for a lot of them.

Hi @Elfmagic. As of November 25th, the bug was finally fixed to allow editing permissions for non-admin users. I can grant you editing permissions as a Wiki Author. Here is the info:

https://wiki.mepbm.com/contribute

Many new updates to come for the Wiki in the near future, starting with more riddles and Kin-strife NPC info! Stay tuned.

https://wiki.mepbm.com

I have upgraded MEPBM Wiki to Wiki.js 2.4.105 - this is a major update.

This version now allows users to leave comments on pages, which I will use as a primary means to collect feedback and changes from the community. I am hopeful that the community will use this feature to improve the Wiki.