New version of JO 1.16 is now live

jo 1.16 is live, installers and updates. website page updated too…most versions only check once per week for updates.

https://github.com/JOverseer/joverseer/blob/master/joverseerjar/resources/changelog.txt

VERSION 1.16.0

* Higher resolution joverseer icon.
* Clarified some the column names in the Economy Team View.
* New filters in Order List View.
* The same as the 1.15.5 beta version.
* Fix for automatic updating on macs
* Fix: 935 recon result is now recognised.
* Fix: 910 scouting result is now recognised.
* Fix for macs.
* Fixed crash in 2950 new game.
* starting information for 2950 games has been significantly corrected.
* 990 order (one ring) shouldn't be flagged yellow in orderchecker
* Fixed: java8 selects IPv6 for networking which breaks email sending.
* automatic recognition of new XML format so no need for user to pick.
* right arrow symbol now correctly displayed.
* Fix 622: Kinstrife roads selected at game setup no longer vanish.
* Fix 632: Player characters with less than 5 characters in their name, had odd things happening, eg no past orders etc. Rebuilding the .jov file is needed to actually see a difference.
* Artifact effect descriptions are now consistent for saner sorting.

With thanks.

Rob

BTW, this version is great for Mac users, as the .pkg installer solves a lot of problems folks were having with unzipping and managing/launching .jar files.

There is one typo in the link to the Mac version on the Github page. The correct link is: http://www.middleearthgames.com/software/joverseer/jOverseer-1.16.0.pkg

Cheers!

Adam

BTW, might want to make some version of this sticky or replace the sticky Joverseer 1.12 that’s currently sticky.

The order checker doesn’t seem to work on OSX. The package is missing a rules.csv file or something similar.

I’m having a lot of problems getting this new JOverseer to work properly. Any computer gurus out there that could get me straightened out?

I have loaded the 1.16.0 version. However, I cannot get the patch to have the 1.16.2 version. Research Artifact spell still only shows 1 box for the arty list. Can anyone help? I have an LG computer that is a few years old running Windows.

It’s a known bug in version 1.16.0 which is the
one downloaded. The fix is available in the update 1.16.2.
people seem to have problems getting 1.16.0 to
update. for help on getting the update to happen see:

https://github.com/JOverseer/joverseer/wiki/Troubleshooting-JOverseer

Try that and feedback guys

1. Close jOverseer and run jOverseerUpdater.exe which will unconditionally download the latest update.

This is in your JOverseer folder, which will default to C:\Program Files (x86)\JOverseer in Windows. Double-click and poof.

I recently reinstalled JO allowing it to simply go there instead of putting it in my own folder - as the updater doesn’t seem to want to “find” JO, but simply pounds through to the default folder. As a result, I finally got my first update downloaded…

1.16.2 BuildID 2017-8-1

I will note that this seemed to clear out user data - my Recent Games were cleaned up, my tab set up was reset to a default, etc. Any chance of leaving that stuff alone?

Cheers,

Brad

Quoted from Brad before

joverseerupdater.exe, run this

as well

clint

For the record, after updating I ran the program and my Recent Games were gone. After Closing and Reopening the program - it was all back…

Brad