Preparing for the MEPBM Forums Migration

Hi everyone,

If you don’t already know, the mepbm.com Forums are migrating to a new software platform on the weekend of September 28-29. You can read about it here:

https://www.mepbm.com/forums/showthread.php?10890-MEPBM-Forums-Migration-(please-read-for-more-details)

Here is where we will need your help:

When we migrate over all the accounts and content, all of the account passwords will not migrate, due to security reasons. Here’s why this matters…

Once we migrate to the new Forums software, the first action you will need to do when visiting the new Forums is a password reset to access your existing Forums account.

If the email address associated with your mepbm.com Forums account is not an email account you have access to anymore, then you will not be able to login to your account, because the password reset email will never arrive, and you will be required to create a new account from scratch on the new Forums.

Why does this matter?

If you have ever posted to the mepbm.com Forums over the past 15+ years, those posts are associated with the account that is being migrated over. If you don’t have access to the email address on file anymore, then you won’t be able to reset your password, and when you are then forced to create a new account instead, all of the historical posts you have made will then live under a “shadow account” that exists on the Forums, but cannot be accessed by you any longer. You will lose your posting history. The posts will still be there, but they won’t be attached to your account anymore.

Here’s how you can avoid this problem:

Verify (or change!) the email address on file for your mepbm.com Forums account. You must do this by Thursday, September 26th, 2019, or you risk being locked out of your old Forums account. Here is the link to verify/change your email address for your mepbm.com Forums account.

https://www.mepbm.com/forums/profile.php?do=editpassword

• If the email address listed is not an email address you have access to any longer, please update it.

• If the email address listed is an email you do have access to, then you don’t have to do anything right now.

• If you don’t remember your password on the mepbm.com Forums, try to reset your password from the link above. If you do not receive the reset password email, check your SPAM folder. If it’s not in there, please email me directly off-list and I will help you.

If you have any questions or problems, please email me directly off-list, raven@rinzai.com and do not reply to this mailing list post, as 605 people will receive your reply on the mailing list. : )

Thank you.

Will the new forum software not let you merge accounts?

···

On 9/12/2019 5:29 PM, Raven Zachary
[mepbmlist] wrote:

raven@rinzai.com

Hi everyone,

If you don’t already know, the mepbm.com
Forums are migrating to a new software platform on the
weekend of September 28-29. You can read about it here:

https://www.mepbm.com/forums/showthread.php?10890-MEPBM-Forums-Migration-(please-read-for-more-details)

When we migrate over all the accounts and

content, all of the account passwords will not
migrate, due to security reasons. Here’s why this matters…

Once we migrate to the new Forums software,

the first action you will need to do when visiting the new
Forums is a password reset to access your existing Forums
account.

If the email address associated with your mepbm.com
Forums account is not an email account you have access to
anymore, then you will not be able to login to your
account, because the password reset email will never
arrive, and you will be required to create a new account
from scratch on the new Forums.

Why does this matter?

If you have ever posted to the mepbm.com
Forums over the past 15+ years, those posts are associated
with the account that is being migrated over. If you don’t
have access to the email address on file anymore, then you
won’t be able to reset your password, and when you are
then forced to create a new account instead, all of the
historical posts you have made will then live under a
“shadow account” that exists on the Forums, but cannot be
accessed by you any longer. You will lose your posting
history. The posts will still be there, but they won’t be
attached to your account anymore.

Verify (or change!) the email address on file

for your mepbm.com Forums account. ** You must do this by
Thursday, September 26th, 2019, or you risk being
locked out of your old Forums account.** Here
is the link to verify/change your email address for your mepbm.com
Forums account.

https://www.mepbm…com/forums/profile.php?do=editpassword

* If the email address listed is not an email

address you have access to any longer, please update it.

* If the email address listed is an email you

do have access to, then you don’t have to
do anything right now.

• If you don’t remember your password on the mepbm.com
    Forums, try to reset your password from the link above. If
    you do not receive the reset password email, check your
    SPAM folder. If it’s not in there, please email me
    directly off-list and I will help you.
          If you have any questions or problems, please

email me directly off-list, raven@rinzai.com and do not
reply to this mailing list post, as 605 people will
receive your reply on the mailing list. : )

Thank you.

Hi everyone. Tomorrow (Thursday, September 26th, 10pm Pacific Time) is the deadline to update your email address on file for the MEPBM Forums before the migration takes place this upcoming weekend.

If you know what I am talking about, but haven’t done this yet, please do so as soon as possible.

If you don’t know what I am talking about, then please read the email below… : )

···

Hi everyone,

If you don’t already know, the mepbm.com Forums are migrating to a new software platform on the weekend of September 28-29. You can read about it here:

When we migrate over all the accounts and content, all of the account passwords will not migrate, due to security reasons. Here’s why this matters…

Once we migrate to the new Forums software, the first action you will need to do when visiting the new Forums is a password reset to access your existing Forums account.

If the email address associated with your mepbm.com Forums account is not an email account you have access to anymore, then you will not be able to login to your account, because the password reset email will never arrive, and you will be required to create a new account from scratch on the new Forums.

Why does this matter?

If you have ever posted to the mepbm.com Forums over the past 15+ years, those posts are associated with the account that is being migrated over. If you don’t have access to the email address on file anymore, then you won’t be able to reset your password, and when you are then forced to create a new account instead, all of the historical posts you have made will then live under a “shadow account” that exists on the Forums, but cannot be accessed by you any longer. You will lose your posting history. The posts will still be there, but they won’t be attached to your account anymore.

Verify (or change!) the email address on file for your mepbm.com Forums account. **You must do this by Thursday, September 26th, 2019, or you risk being locked out of your old Forums account. **Here is the link to verify/change your email address for your mepbm.com Forums account.

https://www.mepbm.com/forums/profile.php?do=editpassword

• If the email address listed is not an email address you have access to any longer, please update it.

• If the email address listed is an email you do have access to, then you don’t have to do anything right now.

• If you don’t remember your password on the mepbm.com Forums, try to reset your password from the link above. If you do not receive the reset password email, check your SPAM folder. If it’s not in there, please email me directly off-list and I will help you.

If you have any questions or problems, please email me directly off-list, raven@rinzai.com and do not reply to this mailing list post, as 605 people will receive your reply on the mailing list. : )

Thank you.