The next step

First I want to say it is good to see more resources directed to the game again after a (at least IMO) long period of decline. JOverseer might be a great tool compared to older Input Options, but why don’t take the consequent step towards a web-based order Input System? A page where Players could log in, input their orders with all the assistance JOverseer is offering ATM and finally where they could download their results. I am certain this could be done with limited technical effort AND would save a lot Manpower afterwards.
Still, there would be development costs. I already proposed some time ago to finance it with Kickstarter. That way you have a nice way to find out how large and how willing to invest your Player base is. I sure would donate some Money and know others who would. If you don’t meet your Goal - OK then bad luck and People get their Money back. Not much risk there.
With a new and shiny user-Interface, it would much more likely to attract new Players and get back old ones.

My two Cents

Hi Bernd

I’m presently developing new elements of the game. Ideally we do want to bring the game into the 21st century. We’ve jsut finished the website and that will be out soon.

New game 1v1 is on the cards as well.

Clint